Health & Safety Policy
D. Sankey Limited regard the successful management of Health, Safety and Welfare as a mutual objective of both management and employees at all levels. This is because certain activities undertaken by ourselves are medium to high hazard risk and have the potential to case harm to our employees and possibly others. This could lead to injury or ill health unless these hazards are adequately supervised.
It is therefore our policy to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent injury to our employees and to protect everyone, including members of the general public, from foreseeable workplace hazards.
In particular, D Sankey Limited will;
• Provide and maintain a safe working environment that complies with the current legislation and best practise.
• Provide information, instruction, training and supervision to all employees to enable them to understand what is required of them so they can perform their work safely.
• Make available, free of charge, the necessary safety devices and personal protection equipment.
• Place health and safety at the forefront of our employees approach to any task.
Employees have a duty to co-operate with these arrangements and procedures contained within this policy and have to play a positive role in matters of Health, Safety and Welfare Matters.
In particular, employees are excepted to;
• Work at all times with due regard to their own safety and that of other people who could be affected by what the employee does or fails to do, and to co-operate with management to maintain or improve systems.
• Use the personal protection equipment provided.
• Adhere to recognised good practise and procedures that has been discussed with them as to ensure a safe working environment.
• Report and discuss any accidents or incidence with the objective if introducing measures to prevent any recurrence and improve best practise.
The overall aim is to gain staff support and commitment in the creation of a positive safety culture that involves everyone accepting that they have an active part to play.
No one will be criticised for raising health and safety matters that we believe require further remedial action and an open door policy exists to discuss matters with management at any time.
D Sankey Limited will undertake regular reviews of the Health & Safety Policy so standards are maintained and improved.